0845 519 2568
1. How long have you been a photographer?
I’ve been a photographer for 35 years and semi-pro for two years.
2. What inspires your work?
The land and seascapes and natural phenomenon like the Northern Lights. The time of the midnight sun is also very special.
3. What media do you work in?
4. How would you describe your style of photography?
I try to find different and unusual locations when photographing the local landscapes.
I rely on good preparation before a shoot rather than lots of enhancement afterwards!
5. Do you do any initial planning before starting on a new photography project?
Yes. I often recce. a sight a couple of times before the shoot. Also waiting for the right weather conditions is very important, especially in our climate!
6. What words of advice would you give to any aspiring photographers out there?
Learn the basic principles of composition, read a lot and get as much advice as you can. Then go out and experiment.
7. I’d also like to detail any forthcoming work/exhibitions that you may have?
New photos will be posted on the website. One exhibition, Aurora Borealis, in Reykjavik December 2009.
You can see more of Olgeir’s work here at his website
Please log in again. The login page will open in a new window. After logging in you can close it and return to this page.