0845 519 2568
Last year we had the pleasure of working on the logo design for ‘Belinda McCarthy Wedding Photography’ a contemporary documentary wedding photographer, based in the South West and working across the UK.
Here’s abit more about the project and also the development and design process behind the identity you see above.
The client highlighted several characteristics of the service they offer.
1. Exceptional personal touches (eg. handwritten notes, little gifts to potential clients, etc).
This is reflected in the tone of the copy on the website as well as all client communication.
2. Relaxed approach; no stuffy lineups!
3. Unobtrusive documentary style – I document, not direct the wedding day.
Many clients choose me as they want ‘true’ images, not endless posed shots.
4. Vintage. I offer classic film photography on a variety of 1950’s cameras – plus vintage style editing on digital images. This ‘vintage/retro’ element is a high selling point and strongly reflected in my branding and my packaging.
5. Quality of end product – not just images, but high end finish on DVD folios, albums, etc.
The client wanted the logo to work within the website banner they were using on the website back then.
Existing website header
We decided to start with some moodboards to get a feel for the overall style so we could focus in on what was required before creating design concepts.
Initial Logo Design Concept No: 1
Initial Logo Design Concept No: 2
Initial Logo Design Concept No 3:
Initial Concept 4:
Development based on feedback from initial designs:
Final Logo Design
There is also another slightly modified version that is used on the clients website:
Please log in again. The login page will open in a new window. After logging in you can close it and return to this page.